Renni Brenda Piscitelli was a life long educator and community champion in Niagara region and one of founding members and supporters of Tesla Energy Institute RDII Inc. and its vision and mission. The Board of Directors of Tesla decided to establish this scholarship award in memory of Renni's work and her passion for educating future generations.
The Scholarship Award is awarded annually by TESLA Energy Institute RDII Inc. to promote the education opportunities for future generations in research, development and innovation in science and engineering.
Successful scholarship candidates will be determined prior to the TESLA Energy Future International Conference 2018 in Montréal taking place on October 16 to 18th, and receive their award at the Gala Dinner on October 18th, 2018. Scholarship candidates will submit a vision essay (400-600 words) highlighting how their efforts and dreams demonstrate the above values and goals. Candidates should attach a signed letter from a faculty or administration member in support of the application that also confirms the candidate’s status as an active student in an engineering program.
The deadline for scholarship applications is September 15, 2018. Please forward applications with support letter copy (.pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Renni Brenda Piscitelli Scholarship Past Winners
2017 • Mathilde Valentin. M.Eng, Renewable Energy; École de Technologie Supériere, Montréal • Pierre-Luc Paradis. PhD, Engineering; École de Technologie Supériere, Montréal
2016 • Milan Kordic. BSc, Electrical and Computer Engineering; McMaster University, Hamilton
TESLA Energy Institute RDII Inc.’s goals are to:
• Promote and develop educational opportunities in science and engineering
• Promote the role of youth in research, development and innovation in science & engineering
• Promote the role of women in research, development & innovation in science & engineering
• Empower and service local community businesses, educational institutions and society at large by
promoting science and engineering
• Build awareness of, and inspire our activities with, values established by Nikola Tesla in science,
engineering and social development
Franco Piscitelli, Pierre-Luc Paradis and Dragan Racic (left to right)